We’re going to guess you’re reading this with painful sore gums and you need a quick gum pain remedy. Gum pain is no joke, especially when you need a solution--fast! We know you’re in pain so let’s cut to it.
Here are Dr. Brite's 5 dentist-approved remedies to alleviate gum pain and ease swollen gums:
Warm and Cold Compress
- Step 1: Soak a clean cloth in warm water. Wring out the excess liquid.
- Step 2: Press the cloth against your cheek over the affected sore gums for 5 minutes.
- Step 3: Wrap an ice pack (or a bag of veggies) in a thin towel. Hold it against your face for 3 minutes or until your swollen gums become slightly numb.
- Step 4: Repeat 2-3 more times daily for best results and quick gum pain relief.
(Effect: The warm towel stimulates blood circulation through your swollen gums and the cold compress decreases gum swelling.)
Salt Water Rinse
- Step 1: Add ½ teaspoon of salt to a glass of lukewarm water.
- Step 2: Rinse your mouth twice daily until the gum pain or swelling subsides (do not swallow).
(Effect: The salt naturally promotes rapid healing of your sore gums and effectively inhibits the growth of bacteria in the mouth that causes gum swelling.)
- Step 1: Mix ¼ teaspoon of turmeric powder with a little water to make a paste.
- Step 2: Apply paste to sore gums with a clean finger. Leave it on for 5 minutes.
- Step 3: Massage your sore gums lightly for 1 minute and rinse your mouth with warm water.
(Effect: Turmeric is a natural root that contains curcumin. Curcumin reduces gum pain and gum inflammation. You'll find it in most grocery stores.)
Apply Tea Bags
- Step 1: Steep a tea bag in boiling water for 2-3 minutes. Remove it and allow to cool.
- Step 2: Press the tea bag under your cheek against your sore gums for 5 minutes.
(Effect: The tannic acid and anti-inflammatory benefits of tea provide quick relief from gum pain.)
Oral Pain Relief Spray
- Step 1: Realize there's an easier way to get quick relief from gum pain.
- Step 2: Visit Dr. Brite to order ourSoothe & Restore Oral Spray.
- Step 3: Apply. Feel your gum pain disappear.
- Step 4: Send Dr. Brite a thank you. (Optional)
(Result: No gum pain. Reduced gum swelling. Complete peace of mind.)
If you haven’t guessed it already, we’re committed to offering safe and effective oral care products. We use natural ingredients that work harmoniously to safely diminish your gum pain and provide quick relief.
What exactly is in ourOral Pain Relief Spray?
- Coconut Oil: contains lauric acid, which has proven antimicrobial effects and eases sore gums.
- Aloe Vera: anti-inflammatory agents prevent the growth of plaque-causing bacteria in the mouth and soothe irritated, swollen gums.
- Tea Tree Oil: a natural antiseptic that removes tartar buildup against the gums and freshens breath at the same time.
- Peppermint: the antibacterial benefits of mint help maintain oral health by keeping your gums and teeth healthy.
- Clove Oil: eugenol (an ingredient within clove oil) is an anesthetic and disinfectant that reduces inflammation that leads to painful sore gums.
Need a Holistic Product to Help Your Gums?
The Dr. Brite Soothe & Restore Oral Spray is specifically formulated by our co-founders, veteran dentist Dr. Ramezani and cancer surgeon Dr. Sabo, to ensure a safe, and affordable product with natural ingredients is available for those who need help with their sore gums.