Search

Search

Drinkable Mouthwash is a Thing!

Drink mouthwash?

 

Wait...WHAT?!?

No. Really.

You heard us correctly! 


Drinkablemouthwash is a THING. Not only is it 100% alcohol-free and safe to ingest, but it’s also healthy for you!


We know...you're probably thinking, “But, I can’t drink mouthwash! It’s toxic!”


And for good reason.


Many alcohol recovery programs warn that drinking or ingesting large quantities of conventional mouthwash, such as Listerine, can causeorgan failure, blindness, alcohol poisoning and in extreme cases, even death.


YIKES!


That’s why we’ve formulated our mouthwashes with 100% edible, filled with natural and organic ingredients that not only support oral health, but your holistic health as well.


red button

Get 15% Off with discount code (use at checkout): BLOG15  

Here’s the breakdown of our bestsellingMint Mouthwash ingredients:


  • Soy-freeVegetable Glycerin is a clear, odorless liquid derived from plant oils that act as a humectant which increases the solubility of active ingredients, making them more easily absorbed.

Coconut Oil
  • Xylitol, a sugar alcohol that is naturally found in many fruits and vegetables and also produced by the human body, adds a touch of sweetness without spiking the glycemic index and also helps prevent cavities by stopping bacteria from adhering to cell tissue. Just don’t give it to your dog!

  • Spearmintessential oil and mentha arvensis crystals, have anti-bacterial properties, anti-fungal, and anti-viral properties that freshen bad breath, aid in digestion, and help soothe the stomach.

  • Tulsi/Holy BasilLeaf Extract is an herb that has potent anti-inflammatory benefits while also easing stress and soothing anxiety.

  • SteviaRebaudiana Leaf/Stem Extract is a natural sweetener derived from the stevia leaf that contains no sugar, no calories, and is a great natural alternative for diabetics!
Stevia Rebaudiana Leaf
  • Vitamin C protects and nourishes the teeth while boosting the immune system and promoting healthy cell tissues.

  • Sea Salt is rich in trace minerals that nourish the body and have strengthening effects on the gums and teeth.

 

...and that’s IT!

red button

Get 15% Off with discount code (use at checkout): BLOG15 

All of our ingredients are specifically formulated to work synergistically with each other to provide you with effective, oral care that nourishes the mouth and body.

So go ahead and pour a round of (mouthwash) shots!

You can use ourMint, Wildberry, orCoco Chaimouthwashes as chasers, palette cleansers, breath fresheners, or even use our Mint Mouthwash to remedy an upset stomach!

Our mouthwashes are available in 32 oz, 16 oz, 8 oz, or a 3.4 oztravel size.

mouthwash, a toothbrush and a paste

red button 

Get 15% Off with discount code (use at checkout): BLOG15  

FAQs

1. Is drinkable mouthwash safe

Yes, these drinking mouthwash are safe to drink because they are made from harmless chemicals and no alcohol content. Even the taste is not bad,  but it is not a good idea to use mouthwash as a substitute for drinking water. The mouthwash companies do not recommend drinking their mouthwash. I don't think there is a mouthwash brand in the market that is safe to drink as a water substitute. Even if you look at the official website of the mouthwash manufacturers they do not give any such recommendation (see also 'Is Mouthwash Supposed to Burn?' post).

2. Can you drink the mouthwash?

How much alcohol is in your favorite mouthwash? The answer may surprise you. Most mouthwashes have a high alcohol content like alcoholic beverages, sometimes as high as 26%. That’s because alcohol is a powerful antiseptic and it helps to kill bacteria in the mouth. But does that mean you can drink it?

Technically speaking, you could drink most mouthwashes, but you wouldn’t want to. Not only would the alcohol taste terrible, but it would also make you drunk. Mouthwash is meant to be swallowed, not ingested.

So why do they put so much alcohol in mouthwash? It’s because alcohol is a powerful disinfectant. It kills bacteria and germs on contact. That’s why it’s such an effective ingredient in mouthwash.

3. What happens if you drink your mouthwash?

Mouthwash is a popular product used to clean the mouth and teeth. It is also used as a way to freshen breath. While mouthwash is generally safe to use, it can be dangerous if too much is swallowed. Mouthwash overdose can cause poisoning symptoms.

If people drink mouthwash, they may experience nausea, vomiting, and diarrhea. You may also have a headache, dizziness, and confusion. In severe cases, mouthwash overdose can lead to seizures and liver damage.

4. Is mouthwash safe to use?

There are a variety of opinions on the safety of mouthwash. Some say that it is safe to swallow mouthwash, while others recommend not swallowing it. The reason for this discrepancy is that not much research has been conducted on the long-term effects of swallowing mouthwash.

Mouthwash is generally safe to use, but it is important to read the label and follow the instructions. Swallowing too much mouthwash can cause nausea and vomiting. It is also important to note that some types of mouthwash can be harmful if swallowed in large quantities.

5. Why does mouthwash contain alcohol?

You can reduce your risk of getting gingivitis by using ethanol, which kills germs in your mouth and reduces the buildup of bacterial plaque. It breaks down and removes oils from your mouth, such as those found in peppermint and eucalyptus.