You’ve been washing your face for years, but you may be surprised to find out that you’re cleansing incorrectly. While most of us think of it as a basic task, there’s a lot more to it than a little soap and water. Using a gentle cleanser is an essential part of any skin care routine. To make sure you’re receiving the full benefits of a proper wash, follow these guidelines (and tips) for glowing, healthy skin.
How to cleanse your face:
- Wet face with lukewarm water.
- Place one or two pumps of product onto fingertips.
- Lather and apply to face and neck.
- Massage the entire face in gentle circular motions.
- Allow the cleanser to penetrate the skin for a minute or two.
- Rinse thoroughly with lukewarm water.
- Pat your face dry with a clean cloth.
- Follow up with additional products as necessary.
Additional face cleansing tips:
- We highly recommend removing makeup before washing your face and neck.
- Cleanse your face twice a day, once in the morning and once at night — also after workouts.
- Wash your face with clean hands! (And keep your hands away from your face during the day.)
- Avoid rinsing with hot water as it dries out the skin, and cold water doesn't remove dirt and oil as well.
- Try not to rub your face when you dry it; this can encourage wrinkles and aggravate the skin.
The Benefits of Using a Facial Cleanser
While the main purpose of a facial cleanser is to clean your skin without irritating it, there are many other benefits.
- helps remove impurities
- washes off makeup, dirt and oil
- moisturizes the skin
- prevents blemishes
- leaves skin feeling soft and supple
- increases blood circulation
Dr. Brite Organic Clean Facial Cleanser
The Dr. Brite Organic Clean< facial cleanser, made with Ginkgo Biloba and rose water, naturally hydrates and balances all skin types. The nutrient-rich formula simply washes away dirt and oil without exposing your skin to harmful ingredients, and will leave your complexion looking and feeling it's best.
Additional Reading: 6 Ways Rose Water Can Improve Your Skin