You’ve been washing your face for years, but you may be surprised to find out that you’re cleansing incorrectly. While most of us think of it as a basic task, there’s a lot more to it than a little soap and water. Using a gentle cleanser is an essential part of any skin care routine. To make sure you’re receiving the full benefits of a proper wash, follow these guidelines (and tips) for glowing, healthy skin.
How to cleanse your face:
- Wet face with lukewarm water.
- Place one or two pumps of product onto fingertips.
- Lather and apply to face and neck.
- Massage the entire face in gentle circular motions.
- Allow the cleanser to penetrate the skin for a minute or two.
- Rinse thoroughly with lukewarm water.
- Pat your face dry with a clean cloth.
- Follow up with additional products as necessary.
Additional face cleansing tips:
- We highly recommend removing makeup before washing your face and neck.
- Cleanse your face twice a day, once in the morning and once at night — also after workouts.
- Wash your face with clean hands! (And keep your hands away from your face during the day.)
- Avoid rinsing with hot water as it dries out the skin, and cold water doesn't remove dirt and oil as well.
- Try not to rub your face when you dry it; this can encourage wrinkles and aggravate the skin.
The Benefits of Using a Facial Cleanser
While the main purpose of a facial cleanser is to clean your skin without irritating it, there are many other benefits.
- helps remove impurities
- washes off makeup, dirt and oil
- moisturizes the skin
- prevents blemishes
- leaves skin feeling soft and supple
- increases blood circulation
Dr. Brite Organic Clean Facial Cleanser
The Dr. Brite Organic Clean facial cleanser, made with Ginkgo Biloba and rose water, hydrates and balances all skin types. The nutrient-rich formula simply washes away dirt and oil without exposing your skin to harmful ingredients, and will leave your complexion looking and feeling it's best.
1. Should I wash my face after using cleanser?
Both soap and cleaner serve the same purpose. Certain skin types benefit from cleansers, while others are fine with plain soap. The skin will not be dirty or clogged with built-up dirt following the use of both a cleanser and a toner.
2. What to do after using facial cleanser?
The American Academy of Dermatology recommends that you apply moisturizer after you wash your face. So, before you reach for a towel, apply your moisturizer first. In the same way, you want your face cleanser to match your skin type, and you should also use the right moisturizer for you.
3. What is the difference between face wash and cleanser?
Face cleansers are designed to remove impurities, moisturize, and soothe the skin. In comparison, a face wash removes dirt and oil more effectively. Frequently the texture of the lotion will foam up or become frothy when used on moist skin.
4. Should you use a cleanser everyday?
It does not matter how little time you spend on skincare; you should wash your face regularly. If you have an oily or mixed skin type, wash twice a day (morning and night) while washing your face only at night if you have a dry skin type.
5. How long should you wash your face with cleanser?
If you have specific issues and a simple regimen, active ingredients are ideal. However, any cleanser will work best if you gently scrub it for 60 seconds.