Do you have a child who hates brushing their teeth? You are not alone! Many parents struggle to get their kids to brush their teeth regularly. Luckily, after making so many trials with my picky daughter, I have a list of some of the best toothpaste for kids that can make the process much more fun.
AtDr. Brite, we have the best toothpaste options for your child. Our products hail from beneficial and natural ingredients like Vitamin C, vegetable glycerin, and leafy juice. Our brand delivers clinically-proven products that guarantee your child’s oral hygiene is at its best.
Get 15% Off with discount code (use at checkout): BLOG15
|2. Kids Anti-Plaque Toothpaste - Berrylicious
|3. Hello Dragon Dazzle Blue Raspberry Kids Toothpaste
|4. Tom's of Maine ADA Approved Fluoride Children's Toothpaste
|5. Colgate Kids Toothpaste
Best Kids’ Toothpaste
Here's a list of safe and tested toothpaste for children of all ages. Have a look to find the right one for you and your child.
When finding the best toothpaste for your kids, you can't go wrong with Dr. Brite toothpaste.
The recognition by Burt's Bees Launchpad and a Natural Products Expo West award can tell you that you are on the right track. A lot of clinical testing also backs it; this gave me all the courage to use it on my daughter.
The toothpaste also has unique packaging to keep it in place while brushing. The flip-top cap design helps keep the toothpaste from falling out.
I love the angled handle that makes it easier for my kids to grip.
- The toothpaste also has a pleasant strawberry flavor that your kids will enjoy, making brushing their teeth fun!
- It contains Hydroxyapatite, a natural mineral derived from teeth that helps to remineralize enamel and protect teeth against decay.
- Dr. Brite Kids Mineral Toothpaste is free of toxic chemicals, artificial flavors, and fluoride, making it an ideal choice for an all-natural, safe alternative.
- This toothpaste is vegan, gluten-free, and non-GMO, giving you peace of mind that your family is getting the best care.
- Moreover, science has proven to reduce plaque by up to 50%, further ensuring your kids' oral health.
- Some kids may find the strawberry flavor less pleasing.
I struggled with my daughter's Tooth plaque until I tried the Kids Anti-Plaque Toothpaste - Berrylicious. The results were instant!
In addition to the plaque, I was even more scared about the unbecoming behavior of swallowing toothpaste. This toothpaste lifted my worries. Yes! It can be swallowed since it doesn't have toxins that can harm your child.
So if you're looking for a gentle yet effective toothpaste for your little one that will help keep their smile healthy and bright, then Kids Anti-Plaque Toothpaste - Berrylicious should be your top choice.
- It has no harsh chemicals or preservatives, so it's safe for her young age.
- Brushing will become enjoyable instead of a chore thanks to its fun flavor.
- It's a fluoride-free toothpaste, essential for young children who are still growing their permanent teeth.
- It does not have sodium lauryl sulfate (SLS), which can cause tooth sensitivity. So it won't be too abrasive on your child's delicate gums or enamel.
- This toothpaste contains natural ingredients like Aloe vera and Xylitol to help reduce the buildup of cavity-causing bacteria while keeping your child's breath fresh.
- Plus, Hydroxyapatite helps strengthen teeth and promote remineralization, helping protect them from further decay.
- Most importantly, your little one will love the berry flavor, which makes brushing fun.
- It is conveniently packaged in flip-top tubes for easy access by little hands.
- Fluoride-free or natural toothpaste may not be very effective in strengthening the teeth and preventing tooth decay.
What is a Tooth Plaque?
Tooth plaque is a sticky film of bacteria found on the teeth that contribute to gum disease and other oral health issues. Plaque forms when food particles mix with saliva and bacteria. And if left untreated, it can harden into tartar, leading to inflammation of the gums, known as gingivitis. The Anti-Plaque Toothpaste - Berrylicious helps combat this problem by reducing plaque formation and stopping bad breath.
Dr. Brite’s Kids Anti-Plaque Toothpaste - Berrylicious toothpaste uses ingredients like zinc citrate, which helps to prevent tartar buildup. Additionally, Xylitol inhibits the growth of bacteria, which means plaque won't accumulate as quickly. It is a top pick for toothpaste that dries out dental plaque and tastes excellent.
Hello Dragon Dazzle Blue Raspberry Kids Toothpaste! This delightful toothpaste is designed to make brushing fun while still providing the cleaning power of a fluoride-based formula.
This kid's toothpaste is explicitly designed for kids aged two and older, making it the ideal choice for any young family. With its delicious blue raspberry flavor and fun dragon-shaped design, this toothpaste will bring out the best in your kids' smiles.
In addition to its great taste, Hello kid's fluoride toothpaste contains natural ingredients that help protect teeth from cavities and gingivitis.
- This toothpaste has a delicious blue raspberry flavor and a sparkling sparkle gel texture, which kids will love.
- This toothpaste also contains fluoride, which helps fight cavities.
- It has Xylitol, which helps reduce plaque and inhibit the growth of bacteria.
- Additionally, it has no artificial sweeteners or colors, making it a safe and healthy choice for your child's oral hygiene.
- This fluoride toothpaste has a thick, creamy texture that's easy to apply on the brush.
- Xylitol might not be comfortable for diabetic kids.
Tom's of Maine ADA-Approved Fluoride Children's toothpaste offers a unique, safe, and effective paste that helps protect children from tooth decay. This clinically-proven kid's toothpaste strengthens tooth enamel and contains no artificial colors, flavors, or preservatives.
It contains fluoride minerals to help protect against cavities and is specially formulated for children's sensitive mouths. Since too much fluoride can be harmful to children's gums and teeth.
The fact that Tom's of Maine is committed to using only natural ingredients made me trust that I will give my child the best oral care possible.
It is also free of several things, such as
- Sodium Laureth Sulfate
- Polyethylene Glycol
- Special care has been taken to ensure that this toothpaste contains the right amount for optimal oral health.
- This natural toothpaste provides a safe and effective way to help keep teeth clean.
- Contains natural ingredients, including xylitol, tea tree oil, and aloe vera, which are gentle on gums and help remove debris from your child's teeth.
- Has delicious flavor kids love and a rich foaming lather that helps make brushing fun. Your child can keep their teeth and gums healthy for life!
- The Maine natural fluoride toothpaste has been approved by the American Dental Association as a safe and effective product for children.
- Sometimes, if the child uses too much toothpaste, the foam can be distracting.
Colgate Kids Toothpaste is the perfect choice to help kids form healthy habits that will last a lifetime.
It is specially designed for kids to help them take the first steps toward healthy dental hygiene.
- It comes with a fluoride formula that helps protect their teeth from cavities and provides a fun way of brushing with its delicious fruity flavors.
- The toothpaste also comes in fun animal shapes and flavors, such as strawberry or bubble gum, to make brushing your teeth an enjoyable experience for kids.
- This toothpaste also has gentle ingredients that are safe enough for kids to use daily without worries!
- Its easy-squeeze tube and flip-top cap make it convenient for kids to use daily, so you don't have to worry about messy spills or hassle.
- It is free of artificial colors, preservatives, and sugar, making it safe to swallow for children aged two and up.
- Some kids may soil the tube
With regular use, kids will be on their way to having sparkling smiles and healthy gums. So, let your kids start on the right foot with Colgate Kids Toothpaste!
Buying Guide for the Best Toothpaste for Kids
Choosing the right toothpaste is essential to ensure that your child's teeth remain healthy. Many types of toothpaste are designed explicitly for children, containing ingredients that promote healthy teeth, help them grow healthy gums, and prevent cavities. Kids’ toothpaste also comes in flavors like bubble gum, chocolate mint, and strawberry.
As with adult toothpaste, there are plenty of choices available in the market, and choosing one suitable for your child can be daunting. Even though there are many different brands, picking the best toothpaste for kids can take time and effort. However, I realized that proper guidance during brushing and the right toothpaste would help your kid build a healthy oral life.
Here are some factors to keep an eye on when choosing toothpaste for your kid:
The Ingredients Used in it
The first ingredient to look out for is fluoride, as most dentists agree that fluoride is essential in preventing cavities. Finding toothpaste with the correct and safe amount of fluoride for your child’s age group is important. Fluoride toothpaste is good because it helps fight tooth decay.
Another ingredient to consider isxylitol, which can help protect teeth from cavities by limiting bacteria growth around the teeth and gums.
Sodium lauryl sulfate(SLS) is another prevalent ingredient in most toothpaste. SLS helps in removing particles from teeth. And according to theAmerican Dental Association, SLS is safe to use in oral hygiene products.
The Flavor of the Toothpaste
Some children are picky when it comes to the taste of their toothpaste, so you should pick one they will enjoy. Most children’s toothpaste comes in kid-friendly flavors like bubblegum and strawberry, which can make brushing an enjoyable experience for them.
Ensure the toothpaste doesn't contain artificial flavors, as such ingredients may affect your child's mental health.
Packaging of the Toothpaste
If your child is still young, opt for toothpaste with a flip-top cap, making it easier for them to use. If your child is old enough to use a tube, go for one with a dispenser cap, as this helps conserve the product and prevent any mess from occurring when squeezing out the paste.
Look for Certification Seals
It is essential to make sure that the toothpaste you choose is safe for your child. Look for kids' toothpaste with certification seals from the American Dental Association.
1. Which Toothpaste is Best for a two-year-old?
A toothpaste that is best for a two-year-old should have natural ingredients and has the American Dental Association’s seal of approval. On top of that, avoid any products with artificial colors or flavors, as these can be toxic to young children. Finally, ensure that the toothpaste has an enjoyable flavor for your child — after all, you may have to persuade them to brush their teeth!
2. When Should a Child Start Using Toothpaste?
A child should start using toothpaste as early as 12 months old, according to the American Academy of Pediatrics. For an infant or toddler under three years old, smear a thin fluoride-free toothpaste on the child's toothbrush. For children ages 3-6, use a pea-sized amount of fluoride toothpaste and urge the child to spit it out after brushing.
If you need help with when to start introducing fluoride toothpaste and how much to use, speak to your pediatric dentist or dental hygienist for advice.
3. Can One Use Adult Toothpaste on Toddlers?
No, it is not advisable to use adult toothpaste on toddlers. Children under the age of 3 should use an infant or toddler toothpaste that is formulated specifically for their age group and does not contain fluoride. As brushing with too much fluoride can cause fluorosis – a discoloration of the teeth – it's essential to supervise your child's brushing and ensure they're not swallowing too much toothpaste.
4. Which is the Best Toothpaste for Kids?
The best toothpaste for kids depends on the age of your child. Choosing a fluoride-free toothpaste is a good option for children aged two to five because young children may swallow more toothpaste than adults and therefore need extra protection against too much fluoride intake. Look for kinds of toothpaste designed for kids with fun colors and flavors that will make brushing their teeth more enjoyable.