Swish a Natural Mouthwash
All About Natural Mouthwash
Whether you use mouthwash consistently twice a day or if you’re the occasional gargler, mouthwash is incredibly important not only for the freshness of our breath, but also for the overall health of our mouth.
So let’s answer a few important mouthwash topics like:
- Why should I use a natural mouthwash?
- Why should I use a coconut oil and aloe vera mouthwash?
- Can a mouthwash whiten my teeth?
- Are natural mouthwashes safe for my gums?
- What’s so bad about traditional mouthwashes?
1. Why Should I Use a Natural Mouthwash?
Simply put, natural is just better. You aren’t exposing yourself to potentially harmful chemicals that claim they can do good. You also won’t have to endure the harsh sensation that alcohol-laden mouthwashes can cause.
Your mouth should feel clean rather than feeling parched.
2. Why Should I Use a Coconut Oil and Aloe Vera Mouthwash?
Maybe you’ve heard all of the buzz about using organic coconut oil as a mouthwash in the form of “oil pulling” on several social media platforms. Our team at Dr. Brite doesn’t necessarily recommend this method because it takes 20 minutes to complete.
Instead, we created a line of mouthwashes that are gentle to your mouth, but are tough on plaque. Dr. Brite’s Cleansing Mouthwashes and Kid’s Mouthwashes are chock-full of holistic ingredients chosen specifically to work synergistically so that you can have a refreshingly clean breath.
Here’s why organic coconut oil truly lives up to its reputation as being as a do-it-all ingredient:
- Contains antibacterial properties
- Hydrates the tissues in your mouth
- Gently whitens teeth
- Soothes gum inflammation
- Freshens breath
Another nourishing ingredient we include in Dr. Brite’s Cleansing Mouthwash is organic aloe vera juice. This plant has been used over centuries to naturally heal wounds and it’s why we include it in our mouthwash formula.
Here are more benefits of using organic aloe vera juice found in our mouthwash:
- Moisturizes the mouth
- Disinfects your mouth
- Relieves gum irritation
- Can help fight gum disease
- Freshens breath
3. Can a Mouthwash Whiten My Teeth?
Yes! In fact along with coconut oil, we include activated charcoal in our mouthwashes that also detoxes the mouth while gradually whitening teeth.
This gradually whitening is large because activated charcoal is actually a highly porous ingredient. Activated charcoal can absorb toxins and it can bind onto tannins (pigments found in stain-causing and colorful foods and drinks).
4. Are Natural Mouthwashes Safe for My Gums?
Yes! More specifically, Dr. Brite’s Cleansing Mouthwash is a fantastic boost for your gum health. We’ve mentioned just a few ingredients included in our mouthwash formula like organic coconut oil and organic aloe vera, but another star ingredient we add is vitamin C.
Vitamin C is a popular antioxidant and you may be familiar and used to seeing this ingredient in skincare. When used in oral care, vitamin c’s antioxidant properties help stimulate blood flow to your gums, which can help improve the condition of soreness, irritation, and inflammation.
5. What’s So Bad About Traditional Mouthwashes?
Stinging. Burning. Watery eyes. Conventional mouthwashes can be downright intense and unfortunately, these traditional mouthwashes are doing more harm than good to your mouth.
Here’s just a few irritating ingredients commonly included in conventional mouthwashes and what their potential risks are:
- Alcohol - can dry out, sting, and change the pH of your mouth
- Chlorhexidine - can increase your blood pressure
- Sodium Lauryl Sulfate - can irritate the delicate tissues of your mouth
- Fluoride - can build up in the body and can lead to serious health risks (read why to avoid fluoride in your toothpaste and mouthwash)
- Methyl Salicylate - if ingested and if overdosed, can lead to kidney failure, loss of vision and convulsions
Swish With the Soothing Power of Dr. Brite
Again, mouthwash is an incredibly important part of an oral care routine. It can simply cleans your mouth one step further than solely brushing your teeth while also leaving you with a refreshing breath.
When you use Dr. Brite’s Cleansing Mouthwash, you’ll get that classic minty taste with a hydrated and nourished feeling thanks to botanical, nontoxic ingredients. Say goodbye to the sting of alcohol and other pesky chemicals and hello to ahhh.
Start your refreshing clean journey with a natural cleansing mouthwash.