Vegan Ingredients You’ll Love
Dr. Brite takes pride in offering a powerfully effective dental care line without the use of any ingredients derived from animals. Our vegan toothpaste, mouthwash and teeth whitening pens are made with the highest-quality organic ingredients to deliver the ultimate cleansing experience. Here’s a list of our most beneficial vegan ingredients:
- Organic coconut oil helps neutralize harmful bacteria and supports tooth enamel
- Organic neem oil has antimicrobial properties that can prevent dental and gum diseases
- Organic green tea extract may slow tooth decay and help freshen breath
- Organic Aloe Vera juice in our mouthwash can alleviate dry mouth symptoms
- Activated Charcoal helps pull toxins from the mouth and removes stains
- Vitamin C in our whitening pen can reduce gum inflammation and repair soft tissues
If you already experience tooth decay, you may want to consider using dental care products with xylitol. It’s a natural sweetener extracted from woody fibrous plant material that helps treat cavities and can stop bacteria from sticking to teeth. It’s one of the active ingredients in our toothpaste that works to naturally whiten teeth.
Glycerin, found in animal and vegetable oils, is commonly used in oral care products to help maintain moisture levels. Our toothpaste, mouthwash and teeth whitening gel is made with an organic, plant-derived glycerin to ensure that our dental care products are all-natural and 100% vegan.
Both Vegan and Cruelty-Free
Dr. Brite toothpaste, mouthwash and teeth whitening pens are both vegan and cruelty-free. But did you know there’s a difference between the two? Here’s the breakdown:
- Vegan products do not contain any animal ingredients and/or byproducts, but they may be tested on animals.
- Cruelty-free products are not tested on animals, however they might include animal ingredients and/or byproducts.
We believe that vegan and cruelty-free practices go hand in hand. As a member and supporter of the vegan community, our products are never tested on animals and we are dedicated to helping those looking for vegan solutions.
Read about our Leaping Bunny cruelty-free certification »
Oral Hygiene Tips for Vegans
After going vegan, you may notice a decline in dental health. Eating a plant-based diet will change the pH balance in your body and mouth, which can cause tooth and gum decay. To achieve the best results for a healthy smile brush with a vegan toothpaste and floss twice a day. Also, rinse regularly with a vegan mouthwash and select a natural teeth whitening solution that’s right for you. Here are a few other tips for good oral hygiene while leading a vegan lifestyle:
- Avoid developing gum disease due to lack of vitamin D and calcium by incorporating almond milk into your diet. It contains more calcium than dairy milk!
- Reduce gum irritation by rinsing and flossing after you eat to get rid of food particles located in those hard to reach places.
- Brighten your smile and neutralize the acid found in plaque by adding garlic, ginger, citrus fruits and apples to your diet.
- Take a break between snacks and meals to give salivary glands, teeth and jaws the proper rest they need.
Lifestyle Tips for Going Vegan
Are you switching to a vegan lifestyle? Regardless if it’s for personal, health, ethical or environmental reasons, it can be challenging for anyone. Here are some lifestyle tips to help you get started (and stay) vegan.
- Go at your own pace. Start by making small changes in your diet and selecting vegan-friendly alternatives to everyday products.
- Acknowledge that you’re going to make mistakes. When you’re getting used to a new vegan diet and lifestyle don’t give up after one mishap. You can do this!
- Connect with others in the vegan community by sharing your story on our Facebook page and check out Dr. Brite on Instagram for ideas and inspiration.
- Be prepared if you go out to eat. Calling the restaurant ahead of time will allow you to confirm their vegan options, or use the Google ‘find vegan restaurants near me’ feature.
- Stay informed about vegan nutrition and on top of the latest research. You should also consult with your doctor or nutritionist about monitoring your new plant-based diet and lifestyle.
A BRITE Future
By participating in the vegan movement we hope to educate consumers about choosing safe, vegan-friendly products. ( Read about our EWG verification ) Be sure to check out our vegan toothpaste, mouthwash and teeth whitening pens for you and your entire family. For additional healthy lifestyle tips refer to the Dr. Brite blog as a resource for vegan recipes, industry news and more.
Try Dr. Brite today for a happy and healthy smile!