Have you ever suffered from red patchy skin or areas of dryness? What about itchy skin or an uncomfortable tingling sensation? If so, you may have sensitive skin. Even though it's more common among those with drier skin types, anyone can experience these problems regardless of their skin condition.
Signs of Sensitive Skin
- You have the urge to itch
- Your skin is dry, flakey
- Skin disorders or allergic reactions
- Products burn or sting
- Your skin flushes red quickly
How to Find a Cleanser for Sensitive Skin
If you are prone to skin sensitivity, you should be careful when selecting a facial cleanser. Here are some suggestions to finding one that's right for you.
- Avoid cleansers with foaming agents like Sodium Lauryl Sulfate (SLS) and other sulfates. These are known skin irritants and can dry out the skin.
- Seek out cleansers made with natural ingredients like aloe vera and coconut oil that are mild enough to cleanse your skin effectively without stripping it of essential oils.
- Keep away from cleansers that are made with synthetic fragrances or alcohol, as they can further aggravate your skin by causing a burning or itching sensation.
Dr. Brite Organic Clean for Sensitive Skin
The Dr. Brite Organic Clean facial cleanser benefits all skin types, but its wholesome ingredients naturally soothe sensitive skin and keep discomfort to a minimum. The alcohol-free solution is formulated without sulfates and contains vitamin B3 and Ginkgo Biloba to help healthy skin formation and maintenance.
Try our EWG verified Organic Clean facial cleanser today, available in a 1 oz. size!
Additional reading: Ginkgo Biloba's Skin Benefits