Vegan Energy Bar Recipe
Plus a 5th bonus remedy for good measure
These energy bars are naturally delicious and packed with lots of nutrients! They are really easy to make and perfect for lunch boxes, road trips or afternoon snacking. BONUS: They are also gluten-free, nut-free and dairy-free!
- 1 cup dried apricots
- 1 cup pitted dates
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- ½ cup raw pumpkin seeds
- ½ cup hemp hearts
- 2 tbsp coconut oil melted (one of our toothpaste ingredients!)
PREP TIME: 15 MINS
COOK TIME: 45 MINS
MAKES 12 SQUARES
- Line a 8x8 or 9x9 square pan with parchment paper.
- Place dates, apricots and cinnamon in a blender, and pulse several times until dates and apricots turn into chunks.
- Add pumpkin, chia seeds and coconut oil to the mixture in the blender, and pulse until there are small chunks of pumpkin seeds.
- Press the mixture into the prepared pan.
- Roll the top with a glass to flatten completely.
- Refrigerate for 45 minutes.
- Slice into bars or squares.