Ever wonder how your mouth, teeth and gums can stay clean, bright and healthy with toothpaste and oral care that contain natural and organic ingredients?
After all, your dental health is incredibly important because it can affect your entire health in general.
At Dr. Brite, we want to assure you that your smile is only getting the purest, safest and effective toothpaste and oral care.
And unlike other companies, we have the medical knowledge of our co-founders to back this up.
In today’s blog article, we’re exploring how science and nature are combined to create Dr. Brite. Specifically, we’ll chat about:
- The Dr. Brite doctors and their medical backgrounds
- The process of creating safe oral care
- The scientific evidence of ingredients in Dr. Brite products
Learn More About the Doctors Behind Dr. Brite
You may know our story (and if you don’t, read more about our beginnings here), but maybe you don’t know too much about the backgrounds of Dr. Brite’s co-founders.
Co-founder, breast cancer surgeon, and mom, Dr. Paris Sabo, MD, started her career in medicine by earning a Bachelors of Science in Molecular & Cellular Biology along with a degree in Chemistry. From there, she attended Ross University School of Medicine, graduated in 2002 and started her surgical residency followed by a breast surgery fellowship.
Dr. Sabo began her private practice in 2010 until 2016 where she then transitioned into working at Dr. Brite full-time as our Chief Operating Officer or as we like to call her, our Chief Formulation Expert.
Dr. Sabo’s sister and Dr. Brite co-founder, Dr. Pooneh Ramezani, DDS, is a veteran dentist of over 20 years who started her career with a Bachelors of Science in Biology from the University of California, Irvine. She then attended the University of the Pacific, Dugoni School of Dentistry in San Francisco, CA and continues to practice dentistry today.
The Process of Creating Safe Oral Care
The road to launching Dr. Brite, like many brands in the natural space, took much needed time to properly research the most effective ingredients while also perfecting a formula everyone could enjoy.
Dr. Sabo says that starting Dr. Brite began with, “ ...researching ingredients and products since 2013 (when I noticed my son eating toothpaste at 1.5 years), so it took about 2 years,” until Dr. Brite was finally available to the public in late 2015.
In terms of introducing an entirely new product to Dr. Brite, Dr. Sabo also adds,
“When we come up with an idea of a new product, I think about the ingredients that should be in the product and then I conduct extensive research on efficacy and safety of the ingredients. I also consider what other supporting ingredients will work well while also piecing everything together in a formulation. This formulation process usually takes some time to perfect. Once we have a formula, we then test it in the lab for stability and among our Dr. Brite team and family members for taste and efficacy. We continuously tweak things until perfect and then test again more with patients in our affiliated dental practices.”
The Scientific Evidence of Ingredients in Dr. Brite Products
What exact ingredients will you find in Dr. Brite’s oral care products? Here’s just a few highlights of the scientifically-backed goodness found throughout the Dr. Brite line:
- Vitamin C: Shown to be effective for gingivitis prevention and in one study, a toothpaste containing vitamin C improved gum health (by reducing gingival index scores) compared to a toothpaste without vitamin C. Vitamin C also plays a role in keeping gums healthy and helping wounds heal. It also helps in reducing pregnancy gingivitis and is a great antioxidant combating the effects of pollution on gum health.
- Organic Aloe Vera: Its moisturizing, antibacterial and antifungal effects show, in some clinical studies, that it is more efficacious in mouth rinse formulations than chlorhexidine.
- Organic Coconut Oil: Has antimicrobial, anti-plaque and moisturizing effects. In one clinical study, coconut oil showed significant antimicrobial activity against S. Mutans, which is the number one bacteria that causes dental caries (cavities). Another study shows that coconut oil significantly reduces plaque build-up.
- Activated Charcoal: Is a powerful adsorbent. It helps get rid of bad breath while also aiding in whitening teeth naturally.
- Organic Neem Extract: Has antimicrobial properties. Has shown in multiple in-vitro (lab studies) and in clinical studies to help prevent cavities and improve gingival health.
- Organic Tulsi Essential Oil: Has healing properties for the gums and antimicrobial properties against S. Mutans therefore can help prevent cavities as well.
Whether you're new to natural products or you're a seasoned veteran, Dr. Brite's oral care is here to take care of you smile holistically.
If you would like more information about our formulas or if you would like to learn more about the doctors of Dr. Brite, feel free to send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org