Happy Earth Day!
Taking care of our planet is possible just by the choices we make everyday. Even the tiniest step in the right direction can make a lasting impact on our beloved Earth so that future generations can enjoy its beauty for years to come.
Most likely, you’re already doing your part in preserving our planet! But how can you make a bigger difference in protecting the environment? Come join Team Dr. Brite as we share:
- How your everyday actions can impact the planet positively
- The steps Dr. Brite takes to reduce its environmental footprint
How Your Everyday Actions Can Impact the Planet Positively
Doing good for the planet doesn’t actually require a lot of effort. You probably already recycle empty personal care products at home and there are even more ways you can incorporate eco-conscious habits into your life. Here’s just a few:
- Choose products with recyclable packaging, like Dr. Brite’s oral care products!
- Keep a dedicated recycling bin inside your house for easy sorting.
- Choose products like those made by Dr. Brite that are formulated with natural, biodegradable ingredients to keep waterways clean and free of toxic chemicals.
- Turn off the sink when brushing your teeth and turn off the shower when shampooing to conserve water.
- Use reusable water bottles and shopping bags to cut down on how much plastic is added to landfills.
- Reuse glass jars and containers for food storage, toy storage, and stationary storage.
And if you want to step up your eco-minded efforts, here’s a few more ways:
- Invest in a compost bin if you garden and reap the benefits of nutrient-rich, free fertilizer. This will significantly reduce the food waste you create that would otherwise take up space in a landfill.
- Find out if your city or city near you has a nature center where you can attend free classes to learn about planting native plants so you can conserve water. If you live in a water-scarce area like Southern California, this can save you money!
- Install a rain barrel to collect natural rainwater. Many cities offer tax incentives for households with rain barrels.
- Switch out your grass lawn in favor for artificial turf, which also saves water especially if your area experiences droughts.
The Steps Dr. Brite Takes to Reduce Its Environmental Footprint
At Dr. Brite, environmental responsibility is just one of our core values that we dedicate to continuously improve and a large goal we strive for is to become a zero-waste company.
We try to minimize our impact by adopting eco-friendly initiatives that include:
- Making small batches of products so that you get fresh, high-quality oral care at the peak of their efficacy. We also only buy environmentally-friendly ingredients in quantities as needed, which helps reduce ingredient expirations and ultimate waste.
- Packaging Dr. Brite products in recyclable BPA-free tubes and bottles to ensure the safety of our customers and their families. Our packaging doesn’t come with an outer cardboard box that most oral care products on the market have and this is a conscious decision to cut down on unnecessary packaging.
- Exploring alternatives for package and promotional printing inks that have no, or low, volatile organic compounds (VOC). These can be toxic to humans and harmful to the environment.
- Having motion-sensor lights and skylights in the warehouse to save electricity.
- Conserving water by using only recycled, grey water in our bathrooms and drinking filtered water instead of buying plastic water bottles.
- Recycling in-office at a dedicated space where we have 3 separate bins for different recyclable materials.
These initiatives along with our commitment to being transparent with our business practices, providing an ethical workplace for Dr. Brite employees, and giving back 5% of our sales in the form of donations helped us earn our Certified B Corporation status. Click here to learn more about what it means to be a Certified B Corporation.
Earth Day is a fantastic reminder of how our day-to-day actions can impact the planet. Whether it’s remembering to turn of the sink when you brush your teeth, installing a rain barrel at your home or buying products in recyclable packaging like Dr. Brite, you can do good by the environment to ensure its beauty.
Want to know more eco-friendly tips or would you like to know more about Dr. Brite’s eco-business practices? Send us an email directly at email@example.com.