Since your body doesn't naturally make vitamin C, you need to include it in your everyday diet. Vitamin C helps with the growth and repair of tissues (like gums), and maintaining the strength of bones and teeth. This flavorful smoothie recipe is created with papaya and carrot juice - two ingredients that are packed with vitamin C in addition to beta-carotene and vitamin A.
PREP TIME: 5 MIN
BLEND TIME: 5 MIN
- 1 1/2 cups frozen ripe papaya cubes
- 1 small ripe banana, previously peeled, sliced and frozen
- 1-2 tsp minced ginger (to taste)
- 2 limes, juiced (~1/4 cup)
- 1/2 cup carrot juice
- 1/2 cup light coconut milk
- optional: 1-2 Tbsp agave nectar (or other sweetener of choice)
- Add all ingredients to a blender and blend until creamy and smooth, adding more carrot juice or coconut milk if it has trouble blending.
- Taste and adjust seasonings as needed, adding more banana (or agave) for sweetness, lime for acidity, or ginger for zing.
- Enjoy immediately. Store leftovers covered in the fridge for 24 hours, or freeze into popsicles for longer term storage. - Such a cute idea!
*Prep time does not include freezing papaya or banana.
Original recipe found and image found here.