Since your body doesn't naturally make vitamin C, you need to include it in your everyday diet. Vitamin C helps with the growth and repair of tissues (like gums), and maintaining the strength of bones and teeth. This flavorful smoothie recipe is created with papaya and carrot juice - two ingredients that are packed with vitamin C in addition to beta-carotene and vitamin A.
PREP TIME: 5 MIN
BLEND TIME: 5 MIN
- 1 1/2 cups frozen ripe papaya cubes
- 1 small ripe banana, previously peeled, sliced and frozen
- 1-2 tsp minced ginger (to taste)
- 2 limes, juiced (~1/4 cup)
- 1/2 cup carrot juice
- 1/2 cup light coconut milk
- optional: 1-2 Tbsp agave nectar (or other sweetener of choice)
- Add all ingredients to a blender and blend until creamy and smooth, adding more carrot juice or coconut milk if it has trouble blending.
- Taste and adjust seasonings as needed, adding more banana (or agave) for sweetness, lime for acidity, or ginger for zing.
- Enjoy immediately. Store leftovers covered in the fridge for 24 hours, or freeze into popsicles for longer term storage. - Such a cute idea!
*Prep time does not include freezing papaya or banana.
Original recipe found and image found here.
join the brite club!
Receive amazing blog posts written by the Doctors themselves! You will also receive deals of a lifetime, along with exclusive sales & offers, all for FREE!