Coconut Papaya Vegan Smoothie Recipe
- 1 1/2 cups frozen ripe papaya cubes
- 1 small ripe banana, previously peeled, sliced and frozen
- 1-2 tsp minced ginger (to taste)
- 2 limes, juiced (~1/4 cup)
- 1/2 cup carrot juice
- 1/2 cup light coconut milk
optional: 1-2 Tbsp agave nectar (or other sweetener of choice)
- Add all ingredients to a blender and blend until creamy and smooth, adding more carrot juice or coconut milk if it has trouble blending.
- Taste and adjust seasonings as needed, adding more banana (or agave) for sweetness, lime for acidity, or ginger for zing.
- Enjoy immediately. Store leftovers covered in the fridge for 24 hours, or freeze into popsicles for longer term storage. - Such a cute idea!
*Prep time does not include freezing papaya or banana.
Original recipe found and image found here